Google Business Profile is one of the tools you have to help people find your business online. It’s a free tool and functions like a directory listing in Google. You build your profile by providing information about your business -- hours, location, products or services you offer -- and this enables you to show up on Google Search and Google Maps when someone seeks out the services or products you offer.
How Google Business Profile Impacts Local SEO Efforts
For many business owners, especially those that have a physical location, their most likely customers are within a certain radius of their location. Google knows this and wants to help those customers find a convenient solution -- a company that can meet their needs locally. That’s where your Google Business Profile comes into play.
When someone searches for a product or service you offer, the Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP) will show them the following:
- Google ads at the top – the first thing they see
- Google’s Local 3 Pack – a listing of three local businesses that can meet their needs
- Organic search results – which is benefited from your on-site SEO efforts
If you have an optimized Google Business Profile, you have a better chance of getting into the local 3 pack. That means more of your potential customers will see your listing and be able to click to follow to your website.
In addition, the Google Business Profile also helps you to rank better on Google Maps and local finder tools. That helps you get the exposure you need online.
Benefits of Optimizing Your Google Business Profile
Optimizing your Google Business Profile creates significant potential for your website to get more clicks and for your business to get more leads. If you take a look at the local 3 pack for your industry, you’ll notice more than just an ad. The 3 pack contains information a customer can use immediately, including your phone number and your location on a map. In other words, they don’t have to go to your website – they can click your phone number and call or navigate to your location directly from the SERP.
Optimizing your profile can help in multiple ways:
- You can respond to your customers faster. They can interact with your profile, such as asking a question, and you can connect with them.
- Your business’s profile will include review options for your customers. Reviews are an excellent signal to Google the value your business offers to your customers.
- It can boost traffic to your website. Being present higher up on the SERPs is always a good thing. Because people don't scroll down on websites, it means more people can see your site and navigate their way to it, boosting your website traffic.
- See bigger sales. With an optimized profile, you have the potential to be in front of high-targeted customers – the people who are most likely to buy the services you offer.
- It helps you to build your brand. Grow your brand awareness for consumers who are searching for services or products you provide but don't know your business is as a solution.
- More traffic = more reviews. When your website gets more traffic, there's potential for your reviews to grow. Google sees your business as valuable and directs more people to it as a result.
How Do You Optimize Your Google Business Profile?
Optimizing your profile is not about putting a lot of keywords into it and hoping for the best. This is your direct line to your customers. Your profile needs to read well and clearly communicate the products and services being offer.
While it's always best to work with marketing professionals who know the ins and outs of SEO and Local SEO, here's what you can do now to get started:
- Create your profile. You can do this through your Google account.
- Ensure your company’s actual name and contact information is used. Accuracy matters here!
- Ensure your business description is compelling and gives people a reason to contact you right now.
- Ensure your hours of operation are accurate. That’s important since Google will display this information on the SERP.
- Make sure your phone number is listed. Use your local number if you have one.
- Use high-quality photos to help show what your business looks like, pictures of your products, and your location.
Allow Our Team to Take Your SEO to the Next Level
Laveh is dedicated to providing our clients with the best results. That includes helping you with your Google Business Profile. Contact us now to learn more about how we can help you rank well on the search engine results page.